Terms of Appointment
The Office of the Executive Director annually appoints Chapter Advisors for a one-year term lasting from September 1 through August 31.
- Attend chapter meetings at least twice monthly.
- Attend the formal pledging and initiation ceremonies of the chapter, if an initiated member of Sigma Nu.
- Review the chapter’s financial data with the treasurer on a monthly basis.
- Meet with the College/University Greek Advisor at least once a semester to maintain a positive relationship with university officials and discuss the chapter’s status.
- Meet with the chapter’s Executive Board at least twice monthly.
- Attend all Judicial Board meetings of the chapter if an initiated member of Sigma Nu.
- Assist with the officer transition for the undergraduate and alumni chapter officers.
- Review the Risk Reduction Policy and Guidelines with the chapter each semester.
- Assist the Division Commander and General Fraternity staff with the development of an Alumni Advisory Board for the chapter.
- Serve as Chairman of the Alumni Advisory Board if a separate Chairman has not been selected for the Chapter.
- Train all new Alumni Advisory Board members.
- Distribute Advisor correspondence from the General Fraternity Headquarters.
- Attend either a regional or national training program for advisors when possible.
- Ensure that the chapter submits all forms and fees to the General Fraternity that are required each semester.
- Facilitate educational programs and workshops as requested by the chapter.
- Assist the chapter leadership to identify facilitators for educational workshops.
- Meet with Leadership Consultants during their visit with the chapter.