Excelling with Honor
To develop ethical leaders inspired by the principles of Love, Honor and Truth.
To foster the personal growth of each man’s mind, heart and character.
To perpetuate lifelong friendships and commitment to the Fraternity.
Leadership in Action
Sigma Nu transforms society through the commitment of its members to the Fraternity’s founding principles, leadership and ethical living.
Sigma Nu’s organizational structures and internal operations provide for the effective deployment of resources to deliver an unmatched level of service to its constituents.
Sigma Nu is continually increasing its membership and capabilities as it creates and capitalizes on new markets and opportunities that support the Fraternity’s mission.
Sigma Nu enhances the experience of its members and builds a sense of community in a way that generates a desire to invest time, talent and treasure in the development of both the organization and its future members which is recognized by all as a contribution to the greater good.
Strategic Imperatives and Goals
Sigma Nu will assist its chapters in achieving organizational excellence.
- The Fraternity will continuously provide programs, support and education, including best practices, for collegiate chapter officers.
- The Fraternity will continue to promote the improvement of chapter performance toward excellence, as measured by the Pursuit of Excellence Program.
- The Fraternity will identify, qualify and prioritize recolonization and colonization opportunities based on optimal campus and Rock Chapter criteria.
- The Fraternity will improve its programs to ensure that members of Alumni Advisory Boards are recruited and prepared to serve as advisors by June 30, 2015, and will continuously evaluate these programs and Alumni Advisory Boards.
- The Fraternity will continuously ensure that each chapter has an Alumni Advisory Board that proactively advises and supports the chapter.
Excellence Through Education
Sigma Nu will assist its members in ethical leadership development and in achieving personal growth.
- The Fraternity will offer effective, innovative and technologically advanced ethical leadership development opportunities through the LEAD Program.
- The percentage of chapters meeting or exceeding the all men’s GPA – or achieving a GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale – at their respective institution will increase to 67% by June 30, 2016.
- The Fraternity will militate against hazing and those who perpetuate, enable or tolerate hazing; the Fraternity will undertake appropriate disciplinary action for individuals and/or chapters in response to incidents of hazing and will communicate such consequences to appropriate constituents.
- The Fraternity will develop and implement a sexual misconduct awareness and prevention program by June 30, 2015.
- The Fraternity will continue its efforts and support initiatives of others to prevent the misuse of alcohol and other substances; the Fraternity will undertake appropriate disciplinary action for individuals and/or chapters in response to incidents of alcohol or other substance misuse.
- The Fraternity will provide opportunities for members to become involved in community service and philanthropic endeavors to foster the development of servant leaders.
- The Fraternity will honor, preserve and make accessible its rich historical heritage to educate and inspire its collegiate and alumni members.
Sigma Nu will preserve and further its reputation as an organization devoted to excellence.
- The Fraternity will promote its legacy as The Legion of Honor and the only men’s Fraternity founded in direct opposition to hazing.
- The Fraternity will increase internal and external communication efforts through various media.
- The Fraternity will develop a comprehensive technology strategy that enables and supports the Fraternity’s operations and delivery of member value by June 30, 2015.
- The Fraternity will encourage and support its collegiate and alumni members to positively influence the Greek community and other communities through leadership and engagement.
Sigma Nu will identify and engage alumni to support the success of chapters, develop perpetual fraternal leadership and increase the value of lifetime membership.
- The Fraternity will identify, organize and develop future leaders for the Fraternity by expanding the potential future leadership pool to 150 and by developing and implementing new involvement opportunities by June 30, 2016.
- The Fraternity will develop, in consultation with the Educational Foundation, and by January 15, 2015, a lifetime engagement program that will result in a 10% increase in the percentage of alumni personally engaged with the Fraternity by June 30, 2017.
- The Fraternity will evaluate and continue to improve its communication with alumni, in accordance with the metrics of the 2013 alumni engagement survey by June 30, 2015.
- The Fraternity will develop and implement programs and initiatives to support member mentoring and the sharing of professional and personal development advice by June 30, 2016.
Sigma Nu will consistently increase its membership through an innovative, values-based recruitment program.
- Each chapter will meet or exceed the average fraternity chapter size at its respective institution, or demonstrate 10% annual growth of total chapter manpower, through implementation of a year-round, values-based recruitment plan with stated quality standards.
- The Fraternity will determine the appropriate metrics for measurement of candidate and member retention and develop plans for retention improvement by June 30, 2015.
- The Fraternity will enhance its recruitment information and support programs for alumni and parents to increase retention and referrals of potential new members, including legacies, by June 30, 2016.