The Strategic Plan of the Sigma Nu Educational Foundation includes 20 strategic goals divided amongst five strategic areas of focus. Our Board of Directors and Staff use this document as a guide when making decisions and plans of action regarding the future of the Educational Foundation.
Sigma Nu Educational Foundation, Inc.
Strategic Goals are intended to be 3 to 5 year aspirational objectives.
Strategic Imperative: Comprehensive Campaign
Defined: Through the Commitment to Excellence Campaign, the Foundation will secure resources to support in perpetuity the Mission and priorities of the Foundation.
- We will execute the “Commitment to Excellence” campaign with a public announcement at Grand Chapter in 2016 to deliver $30 million in commitments by June 2019.
- We will leverage our relationships with a select number of chapters to implement a long term development plan that is mutually beneficial.
Strategic Imperative: Awareness
Defined: Increase the Foundation’s visibility to ensure long-term support of the Vision and Mission of Sigma Nu Fraternity.
- We will communicate the long-term benefits of Sigma Nu membership in order to increase engagement of members as donors.
- We will integrate our communication efforts with the Fraternity.
- We will leverage collegiate and young alumni members to advance the mission of the Foundation.
- The Foundation, in coordination with the Fraternity, will implement a lifetime engagement program that will result in a 10% increase in the percentage of alumni personally engaged with the Fraternity by June 30, 2017.
Strategic Imperative: Development
Defined: Through superior development techniques and alumni participation, the Foundation will secure the needed resources to support its operations, meet the Foundation’s funding priorities, and provide the programs necessary to support the educational and charitable need of Sigma Nu chapters.
- We will develop and implement a general fundraising plan that is complementary to the comprehensive campaign plan to provide sufficient resources to support the Foundation’s operational budget by March 31, 2016.
- We will increase the number of annual donors to 3% of total living initiates by utilizing trained and engaged volunteers by June 2018.
- We will leverage technology to implement and promote a young alum giving program that garners 5% of initiates under 30 donating by June 2018.
Strategic Imperative: Headquarters Property
Defined: Sigma Nu will have a Headquarters Property that is a source of pride for our membership, is fully endowed, conveys an image of strength and stability for the Fraternity, and meets the educational and historical needs of the Fraternity.
- We will implement a long-term master plan for the HQ Property and communicate the plan to all constituents.
- We will secure adequate resources to operate the current and any future additions to the headquarters property.