LEAD is Sigma Nu's award-winning ethical leadership development program. In alignment with Sigma Nu's continuing efforts "To develop ethical leaders..." we offer the LEAD Program as a tool to assist our membership in both gaining the knowledge and developing the skills and abilities needed to be an effective and ethical leader for life.
The LEAD Program is a comprehensive ethical leadership development program designed to ensure participants "learn by doing." We encourage all our collegiate chapters to utilize our LEAD Program to the fullest extent possible.
This section is a compilation of all the information and resources needed to fully implement our LEAD Program. Whether you are a collegiate member with a specific question about a specific session, an alumnus interested in going through the online sessions, a guest facilitator looking for session materials or parent just looking to become more involved with the Fraternity, this is a great place to start.
Similar to Sigma Nu's Digital Delta, the online component of the LEAD Program is an interactive, self-paced experience designed to meet the unique needs and learning styles of our collegiate members.
For the past several months we have been working to update and redesign the presentation of Phases I-IV of the LEAD Program. This redesign was undertaken to improve the quality and impact of the membership development experiences and opportunities provided to our membership.
The redesigned presentation of the LEAD Program breaks sessions into two (2) equally important and distinctive components.
- Online portion: Accessed via the Members Area and completed by students on an individual basis.
Participants login and complete the online portion of each session prior to attending the facilitation. During the online portion, participants engage the session content in an interactive format that includes videos, audio voiceovers, activities, handouts, journaling exercises and quizzes.
- Participants print all relevant handouts from the online portion to bring to the facilitated portion.
- Completing this portion of the session provides a knowledge base that the participants relate to and build upon in the facilitated portion.
- Facilitated portion: Completed in a workshop/discussion setting which is attended by all phase participants. Participants attend the facilitated portion of the session. This should be scheduled and announced in advance to allow time for participants to engage the online portion of the session.
- Completion of the online portion builds a base of knowledge from which participants can relate to the interactive, hands-on, and application approach of the facilitated portion.
*Facilitators – the online content is accessible via the Members Area. All undergraduates and alumni with a valid Members Area account have access. Any non-member “Guest Facilitators” needing access should fill out the form here to request access.
Online materials and accompanying Facilitator Manuals are available for Phases I-IV. Online portions of Phases I-IV can be accessed via the Members Area. To access the online content, login to the Members Area and select LEAD and then the Phase you are interested in reviewing. A new browser window should appear and the program will begin to load.
Guidance notes for the second (group-facilitated) portion of each Phase and session are provided in the updated Facilitator Manuals, available on the main Phase pages.