It is our goal to have all members - initiates and candidates - who have not previously completed GreekLifeEdu, complete the online program by May 1, with a passing grade of 80% or higher on the final exam. Reaching this goal will benefit not only the individual members, but the entire chapter.
- Log into the Members Area.
- Select the "GreekLifeEdu" link.
- The program opens in a new window and prompts for a confirmation of your personal information (name, college/university, and age range).
- Click "Submit" to establish a GreekLifeEdu account and begin the program right away.
- Users may log in and out of the course at the end of each activity. The end of an activity is marked with an arrow pointing to the right of the screen. DO NOT log out until clicking the arrow that moves you to the next activity or the recently completed activity may have to be redone.
- To return to the course, log in through the Members Area. The course will pick up in the same place it left off.
- Complete the first portion of the program (through the Final Exam and Survey 2) by May 1.
- Complete the second portion of the program (includes Survey 3 and key concepts review) by June 1.
GreekLifeEdu offers a confidential, personalized experience for each member. As you proceed through the alcohol, hazing and sexual assault related content, you will be presented with content in a variety of formats including: personalized feedback, interactive exercises,testimonials, motion graphis, and resources to help you apply the information and skills you've learned. The course offers feedback on attitudes and behaviors through three surveys within the course, as well as through pre- and post-assessments. The program uses science-based research to educate students and aims not to tell you what to think, but to help you make well-informed decisions for for yourself while also empowering you to deal with the behavior of your peers. The online course has two parts:
- Part 1 of the course takes approximately 60-75 minutes to complete, and it may be completed in multiple sittings. After completion of this first portion, users will take a comprehensive final exam. A grade of 80% or higher on this exam will result in credit for completing the first portion of the GreekLifeEdu program. This should be completed by May 1. Completion of Part 1 is required for a member to be counted towards the chapter's incentive percentage.
- About one month after completing Part 1, users will receive an email asking them to complete Part 2. Upon completion of Survey 3 and a review of key concepts users will receive credit for completion of the GreekLifeEdu program in its entirety. This should be completed by June 1.
The GreekLifeEdu Online Technical Support Center is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week should users experience any difficulties or require support. Simply click on the "Technical Help" button located in the upper-right corner of every GreekLifeEdu screen (to access Technical Support Center without logging in please visit http://greeklifeedu.com/help.html).
The key to GreekLifeEdu being effective for your chapter is for all members - initiates and candidates - to complete the program. We expect that chapters and individual members will accept this special invitation to help strengthen our Fraternity and to position themselves and their chapter for success.
Financial Incentive Policy
As an incentive to participate, the High Council of Sigma Nu Fraternity, Inc. has approved the following policy:
Collegiate chapters of Sigma Nu Fraternity, Inc. may qualify for the lowest available, per member risk management assessment within their applicable tier after 90% of the chapter’s membership has completed the GreekLifeEdu education and prevention program. A per member risk management assessment surcharge of $25 per member will be billed to a collegiate chapter in which less than 90% of the chapter’s membership has completed the program. Any such surcharge will be applied annually, toward the end of the applicable academic year (with specific time to be determined by the Executive Director).
To qualify for this incentive and to avoid the per member surcharge, all members of a chapter should complete the program by May 1.